Jottings By An Employer's Lawyer

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Getting Rid of the Annual Review


All too often, I have seen the annual performance evaluation show up in a trial as a Plaintiff's exhibit, rather than what you would think should be true, that it ought to be the best evidence for the employer, particularly if the subject of the lawsuit is a dismissal for poor performance.

And I have been saying this for some time now, see this 2005 post:  Just a Reminder About Those Performance Appraisals - Often Known as Plaintiff's  Exhibit #1.

So I am never upset when I see that a major employer has chosen a different path. See Accenture To Nix Performance Reviews and Rankings For All 330,000 Employees.  I particularly liked the explanation by the CEO, that the alternative is a more fluid on-going feedback after each significant interaction. 

Makes sense to me. 


Comments: Post a Comment

An Affiliate of the Law.com Network


From the Law.com Newswire

[about RSS] Law.com Privacy Policy
Google
WWW Jottings